Moist, delicious, and super easy Air Fryer Banana Bread recipe made with sweet bananas and chopped walnuts. A healthy all-day snack or dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Turn those neglected overripe bananas into something amazing with this banana bread in air fryer recipe. It is unbelievably quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious. Moist and soft crumb with a slight crunch on top, this banana bread is to die for!
This is a perfect on-the-go breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert. It also makes a wonderful and thoughtful gift to your family and friends.
What You'll Need in baking Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Milk + lemon juice are used to create buttermilk. You can substitute lemon juice with vinegar. If you have buttermilk on hand, you may use that instead
- Bananas - use very ripe bananas with black/brown speckles for a more intense and sweeter flavor.
- Oil makes the banana bread moist and tender. You may use vegetable, canola, or corn oil. You may also use softened butter as a substitute.
- Brown sugar - you may use either light or dark brown sugar.
- Eggs - use fresh eggs at room temperature.
- Flour - All-purpose flour was used in this recipe, but you may also use cake flour if preferred.
- Salt enhances the flavor and balances the sweetness of the banana bread.
- Baking soda is the leavening agent for this recipe. It allows the banana bread to rise and have a fluffy and light texture.
- Vanilla extract enhances the flavors in the recipe and also impart a subtle flavor and delicate aroma.
- Walnuts add an extra texture and crunch to the banana bread. You may also use pecan or cashew nuts. If you are allergic to nuts, you can use seeds, or simply omit this.
Tips in baking Air Fryer Banana Bread
- If the top of your banana bread is browning too much before it's fully baked, lightly tent the pan with aluminum foil.
- Since each air fryer is different, the best way to make sure your banana bread is done is to insert a skewer or toothpick in the center of the bread and it should come out clean.
- For an extra crunchy top, sprinkle the top of the batter with brown sugar before popping it in the air fryer.
- Do not let the banana bread completely cool in the pan. Let it cool down in the air fryer for about 5 minutes and then let it completely cool down in a wire rack before slicing.
Serve and Store
You can enjoy this Air fryer banana bread while it is still warm, lightly toasted, or even when it is cold. Perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, or even for dessert.
Place banana bread in an airtight container or wrap it in aluminum foil/plastic film to retain the moisture. It will last about 2 days at room temperature, 1 week inside the refrigerator, and a month in the freezer.
You may use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour. And instead of the regular vanilla extract, you may replace it with gluten-free vanilla extract.
Yes! You may add chocolate chips, raisins, and even raspberries.
Absolutely! Just use dairy-free milk like oat, almond, or soy. You will also need to swap the eggs with applesauce or flax seeds.
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- 9-inch loaf or round pan
- Air Fryer
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 4 pcs overripe bananas mashed but still lumpy
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar compressed
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped
- In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Stir well and let sit for about 5-10 mins until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare loaf pan by greasing bottom and sides with oil. Line with parchment paper with about 1-inch overhang on sides.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Using a whisk or an electric mixer beat until well-incorporated.
- Add egg, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract, beat until well blended and smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well until batter is smooth.
- Add ½ cup chopped walnuts, using a spatula or spoon fold into the batter.
- Preheat air fryer to 160C/320F for 5 minutes. Transfer batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle and top the remaining walnuts on the batter.
- Tap pan on the counter to release air bubbles and to even out the batter.
- Open the air fryer and carefully place the loaf pan in the air fryer basket. Slide and close air fryer.
- Set the timer for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread come out clean. (a little bit of stickiness is ok).
- Remove pan from the air fryer and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Remove banana bread from pan and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Slice in serving pieces and enjoy!
Looking for more yummy treats? Try these recipes:
About the Author
Drey loves food and likes trying new things! She has been working with food bloggers providing recipe video content for years.