Indulge yourself with this luscious Air Fryer Chocolate Cake. It is a sinfully delicious and moist chocolate cake, glazed with a rich and silky chocolate ganache. Whip this cake up using an air fryer and satisfy your cravings in less than an hour!
Yup, you heard that right! You can now bake your own chocolate cake without an oven. Using just your air fryer and this super easy air fryer cake recipe, you can now satisfy your chocolate craving in no time!
You can make and serve this mouthwatering dessert for any special occasion or just because you have a sweet tooth! Every blissful bite is full of chocolatey goodness! If you are looking for more chocolatey dessert, check out our Instant Pot Pots de Creme recipe!
How to make Air Fryer Chocolate Cake?
This air fryer chocolate cake recipe is very simple to make. There is no pre-heating or even an electric mixer involved. Simply whisk all the dry ingredients together, add the wet ingredients, transfer the batter into the pan, and then pop it into the air fryer.
This recipe yields a 9-inch bundt-pan cake that is baked in a 160°C/ 320°F air fryer for about 35 minutes. If you have a smaller air fryer capacity, you can easily divide the batter into 2 and use a 4 or 5-inch pan, adjust the cooking time to 15-20 minutes. Just make sure to keep an eye on the cake, so you won’t have a cake with a burnt top (air fryers cook from the top).
What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need for the Air Fryer Chocolate Cake:
All-purpose flour – you may substitute this with gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour if you prefer. There might be a slight difference in texture but the result is still as awesome.
Sugar – granulated sugar was used for this recipe. You may also use caster sugar.
Unsweetened cocoa powder - alternatively, you can use dutch-processed cocoa.
Baking powder & Baking soda – using both of these for the cake gives it a good rise.
Salt – balances the sweetness of the cake
Coffee powder- a strong flavor is preferred for this recipe, but any coffee powder works. This enhances the chocolate flavor, giving it a richer and deeper flavor.
Vegetable Oil – You may also use canola oil.
Hot/Boiling Water – this enhances the flavor of the cocoa powder. It also helps dissolve the dry ingredients easily.
Eggs- use fresh eggs as possible. Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature before using them for this recipe.
Vanilla Extract - this is used to enhance all the other flavors in the recipe.
Tips in making Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Make sure to grease your pan with butter and dust it with cocoa powder. This step ensures that the cake doesn't stick to the pan and will have an easy release when inverted.
- If you keep your eggs in the refrigerator, you can rapidly warm them up by placing them in a cup of warm water for about 10 minutes.
- If the size of your pan just exactly fits in the air fryer basket. You can use a tin foil “sling” to help you lower the pan into the basket and remove it easily when done. Just fold an aluminum foil into a rectangular strip, about 3-inches wide. Place your pan on the middle and bend the ends up for the “handles”. Just make sure that the "handles" won't get in the way when baking or else it will ruin your cake.
- Don't have enough time to make the chocolate glaze? You can simply dust your air fryer cake with confectioners or powdered sugar.
Serve and Store
This Air Fryer Chocolate is the perfect dessert for any occasion. You can make this for birthdays, gatherings, or even for holidays. It also makes a great snack together with a cup of coffee or tea.
Store leftover air fryer cake in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Try this simple but delicious chocolate cake in air fryer recipe now and let us know how it turns out!
Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Air Fryer
- Bundt Pan or Round Pan
- butter softened to grease pan
- cocoa powder
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder strong
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot/boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pcs eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 can evaporated milk 370ml
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Brush the bottom and sides of the Bundt pan with softened butter. Dust and cover with cocoa powder. (If using a round pan, brush with butter, line the bottom with parchment, and brush with butter as well.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the cake. Using a whisk, mix until well combined.
- Add the vegetable oil, boiling water, and milk. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Gently stir batter with a whisk just until it is smooth and free of lumps. Do not overmix.
- Transfer cake batter to the prepared pan and gently place the pan in the air fryer basket.
- Slide the basket into the air fryer and set the timer to 35 minutes at 160°C/ 320°F.
- Once the time is done, insert a toothpick to check the doneness of the cake. The toothpick inserted should come out clean. Cook for an additional 5 minutes if it is still not done. (Since the air fryer cooks from the top, keep an eye on the cake.)
- Remove the cake from the air fryer and allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan.
- Invert the pan on a wire rack set on a baking sheet to release the cake. Allow to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate glaze. In a saucepot combine all the ingredients except for the butter. Cook over low heat, while stirring regularly until thick and smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the cake.
- Slice the cake into serving pieces and enjoy!
About the Author
Drey loves food and likes trying new things! She has been working with food bloggers providing recipe video content for years.