These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are chunky, chewy, and oozing with chocolatey goodness. These oh-so-familiar treats are so easy to make and are ready in about 10 minutes! Perfect with a tall glass of milk or a hot cuppa.
I think we can all agree that chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular cookie varieties. Almost everyone knows about it and for sure most of us have eaten and enjoyed this yummy confection.
Yes, you can just easily run to the stores to buy a pack of chocolate chips cookies. But nothing really beats homemade, right? With the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting from your kitchen-- pure bliss! And the best part is you don’t need an oven for this recipe. You can now easily bake these yummy treats using an Air Fryer.
It's a sweet drop cookie with a buttery flavor that's differentiated by the chocolate chips. Basically, it is made with butter, white and brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, and, of course, chocolate chips.
This recipe gives you fat and chunky Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies that are crisp on the outside with a chewy and gooey inside.
- It is not only simple to make but also so quick and easy! If you want a quick fix for your sweet tooth, this recipe is for you.
- These cookies are delicious, soft on the inside, and filled with melted chocolate chips.
- Homemade cookies is much better than commercially bought ones since you know that it isn’t packed with preservatives and artificial flavors.
- You can use or add other treats to make these cookies! Swap the chocolate chips with M&Ms, are add crushed nuts in the batter to give it more texture and flavor!
What You’ll Need
Flour - All-purpose flour was used in this recipe.
Baking soda is the leavening agent and helps give the cookies that lift.
Salt enhances the flavors and balances the sweetness
Melted Unsalted Butter to produce chewy cookies and this makes mixing of ingredients easier too. If using salted butter, omit the salt.
Brown and White Sugar –Brown sugar gives out moisture that creates that chewy cookie. White sugar helps the cookie spread a little.
Egg- Use fresh egg as possible and also make sure it is at room temperature before using it. This acts as a binder of the dough as well.
Vanilla Extract gives a sweet aroma and enhances the flavor of the cookies.
Dark Chocolate Chips – For a not-overly sweet chocolate chip cookies. You may use semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips as well.
- If you are keeping your eggs in the fridge and forgot to take them out ahead of time, just place the egg in a bowl of warm water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a measuring spoon or small ice cream scoop for even-sized cookies.
- Line your air fryer basket with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This results to easy removal of cookies and less clean-up, too.
- Allow the cookies to rest in the air fryer basket (removed from the air fryer) for a couple of minutes after baking to help the cookies set.
How to Store
Store baked chocolate cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or up to 2 months in the fridge.
To store the remaining cookie dough, scoop into dough balls and place them in Ziplock bags or a container with a tight-fitting lid. Place them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To bake, place frozen/chilled dough balls in the air fryer and add about 2 minutes of baking time.
- Air Fryer
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Using a whisk or a hand mixer beat until fully combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until incorporated. Add chocolate chips and stir until distributed.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160C /320F.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or foil.
- Scoop about 1-inch dough balls and place them in a single layer about 1.5 inches apart. You should be able to fit 4-6 depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air Fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Open the air fryer and allow cookies to rest for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer basket before removing. Use a spatula to remove the cookies.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
About the Author
Drey loves food and likes trying new things! She has been working with food bloggers providing recipe video content for years.