Make these finger-licking BBQ Chicken Wings using Instant Pot in just about 30 minutes! These juicy, tender, and flavor-packed chicken wings are the ultimate party appetizers and booze food. You can also enjoy it with steamed rice for lunch or dinner.
Cooking with Instant Pot has saved us a lot of time and energy, especially when cooking meat. It only takes a fraction of the time, and the results are always amazing! Like our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs, Chicken Adobo Instant Pot, and Salmon with Vegetables. The proteins come out tender and juicy at all times!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings
This BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is another quick and easy dish made using an Instant Pot. With just a few simple ingredients and in no time at all, you’ll have these juicy, flavorful, and tender chicken wings!
It is made by simply tossing the chicken in seasonings, cooking it to perfection with your Instant Pot, brushing the chicken with BBQ sauce, and then caramelizing it in the oven! As easy as 1, 2, 3!
Why make it?
Aside from this being super simple and easy, here are more reasons why you should try this recipe:
- Budget-friendly. This recipe requires only two key ingredients, the chicken and the barbeque sauce, and the rest are pantry staples!
- Adjust according to your taste. Use any barbeque sauce of your choice! You may also decide if you want to add a kick to your chicken wings. Add a dash of chili powder or paprika to your barbeque sauce before brushing it. You may also change it to teriyaki or buffalo sauce!
- Time-saving. You’ll be done in record time compared to cooking the chicken wings using only your oven.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings Ingredients
- Chicken Wings and Drumettes- fresh is always the best option, but you may also use frozen if that is what you have. Just thaw and drain them well.
- Seasonings – We used salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to flavor the chicken.
- BBQ sauce – use whatever your heart desires!
- You may remove and discard the wing tips if you prefer not to have them.
- For a more intense barbeque flavor, baste the chicken wings halfway through baking in the oven.
- No oven? You can finish cooking these delicious BBQ Chicken Wings using an Air Fryer. Preheat the Air fryer to 400°F/20°C. Arrange chicken wings in the air fryer basket and air fry for about 10 mins or until glossy and caramelized. Take the air fryer basket out every 2-3 mins and give the wings a toss or flip them to make sure they brown evenly.
Serve and Store
Serve your Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings with celery and carrot sticks, pizza, fries, mashed potatoes, or even rice. Enjoy it on its own or with a dipping sauce such as ranch, blue cheese dressing, or more barbeque sauce.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or Ziplock bags and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, take chicken wings out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10-15 mins. You may reheat using a microwave, airfryer or oven.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds chicken wings & drumettes
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce of your choice
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, season chicken wings and drumettes with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket or trivet in the Instant Pot. Arrange chicken wings and drumettes on the trivet or steamer basket. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 6 minutes and let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the Instant Pot’s pressure is naturally releasing, preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- When the time is done, do a quick release for any remaining pressure and carefully remove chicken wings from Instant Pot and place in a large bowl.
- Pour your favorite bbq sauce over the chicken wings and gently toss until fully coated.
- Arrange chicken wings & drumettes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins or until glossy & caramelized.
About the Author
Drey loves food and likes trying new things! She has been working with food bloggers providing recipe video content for years.